I Hate Windows but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
People recommend it because it's simply the best brower ever made. I don't know if you realize, but Avant Browser is just like a reskin of IE, it uses the same core, and the same basic interface.
Hell no firefox isn't the best browser...it's utter crap...that's why Avant browser is GOOD is because it's easy, non-clunky and really basic like IE but doesn't have the generic security flaws...not to mention when I tried using firefox the webpages were suddenly displayed different, these forums for one, and ALSO hasn't there been a lot of talk about a security hole within firefox that won't be fixed?

That browser is absolute crap

SP2 works fine if you keep your Windows completely up-to-date, and aren't using old hardware.

Firefox is great, but it is still just a browser. The customizable factor that the extensions brings is the best part.

My reasons that SP2 is bad.

It hogs alot of ram, when I boot my computer up, I have 790mb free, but when I had SP2, I only had 600 after that. So do I really want to sacrifice 190mb for little or no performance gain????? So after my calculations, I have approx 424mb tied up in the OS, that is alot...

That stupid security center thing bugs me, keeps on telling me that I dont have a firewall and or antivirus. Which I have both.

As soon as I started Adobe premiere up, I had instability issues, and my firewire card would not capture anything at all, and my camcorder would not "handshake" with the computer. <- I dont blame it

Boot up time is slower, and the shutdown times seemed a little bit faster. But SP2 is bad, why would you want to install something that hogs resources like that and gives you nothing in the way of performance???????

You mean all of those security holes in XP?

Dont get me started on those, I looked at most of the updates... and they are complete BS.

90% of updates that they have do not apply to me or a good amount of anyone else. Complete junk.

1 update said that it fixed an exploit, it prevents a buffer overflow attack when you are running Visual C++ and having a netmeeting at the same time.... Well let me ask you this...... Anybody here do that at the same time? I doubt that the majority people here have even had a netmeeting and or scratched the surface of Visual C++.

I'm always having a net meeting while coding in Visual C++....I thought everyone did

Yea but them worms and shit that can get in around some of the security fixs, believe it or not the blaster worm still lurkes on the internet lol.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom