Q about DX10

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is to keep this PC in the best shape possible and keep a good copy of XP pro and SP2 around so i can still watch DVDs and do things normaly, then buy a completly new machine and get Vista and use that to do w/e i would need to do in the future.....

as has been discussed before SP2 doesn't cause so much issues like it did when it first came out...beyond that if you do it on a fresh install you'll never have problems...it's when you try to add it onto an already trashed machine that it'll give you crap.....everytime I've installed SP2 with a fresh install I've had no problems and have had less spyware and crap cluttering my computer.

wait... will all these games that are optimized for DX10 still work with a 6800gt...? im on the same boat
I'm sure it'll be like HL2 and an Nvidia FX card...it'll simply run the game in DX9

charles_scott said:
Umm nope.... SP2 actully helps my machine if it is installed before everything else such as the drivers and other software.......
My system is noticeabley faster with SP2. With SP1, it slowed down a whole lot, and was a lot faster without it, but with SP2 it's just as fast as it was with no updates installed.

There is nothing wrong with SP2. All the bugs that (might) once have existed have been eradicated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom