sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezurrectme

Baseband Member
My mobo is ASUS A7N8X-X and I was using the onboard sound so far. However last week I got the creative SBLIVE 5.1 card, so I disabled the onboard sound. The problem with this is that now my front panel headphones and microphone jacks have no audio. And I cannot find a connector on the creative card to hook up the front panel HP and MIC connector wires.

I am sure that is a way to get around this because if not it would be so stupid not to be able to use front panel audio because you upgraded to a better sound card.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, solutions?

Thanks
Rez

strange! No one has an answer to my question! Disapointing. I think I will just return my soundblaster card.

Usually a case, that has front jacks, also comes with wires that run through the inside of the PC, and out the back. On the end of the wires are the jacks that plug into the sound card. This way you can export sound from the sound card to the from plug-ins.

Bleep,

That all works well, but which case manufacture is doing that one days. I remember in the early days of FPMM (Front Panel MultiMedia) there using to be your standard stereo jack what would allow you do that.
a. It was easy to plug in.
b. No all other boards had FPMM, even though FP USB was commen.

The reason why they did away with that was that some of the USERS found the idea of this cable sticking out of the back of their PC ugly (even though they would need to look hard to find it)

Now days, the only place I have seen this sort of set up as been on some of the 5 1/4" Front Panel MM/USB Drive panels.

rezurrectme

In threory, Creative Labs should have some sort of pin alignment on their sound card so you can hook up your cases front panel MM into it. RTFM on your sound card.

But you will need to do this. You will need to do is :-
1. open your case
2. Locate the FPMM Cable that is from the front of your Case to your motherboard. The FPMM pin are normally behind the printer port on the motherboard. RTFM on your motherboard. Now you should have 2 jumpers for your FPMM pin that you will need to put back on. Again, check the manual on the motherboard.
3. Remove FPMM cable that are connect to the motherboard. Put the to jumpers back on the motherboard FPMM pins.
5. Connect this cable onto the FPMM pins on the sound card. Provided that those in pins are their on the sound card, it should work.

On a side note :-
The problem with Sound Blaster is that they are a contantly changing the hardware designs on their sound cards. You can get 2 Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 that were produces in the same year. The will take the same driver, but if you look at them phyiscially, you will see that they are different.

Anyways, I hope this helps.

With the rate that i am going, i might be able to see if this problem can be solved by myself.

I have a customer about ready to order a system with a SB Live and FPMM.

STAY TUNED.....

It cannot be solved. The SB cards do not have any connector for front panel HP and MIC jacks. I returned my SBLive Card since the quality of the sound wasn't remarkably better than the onboard sound using analog mode. Please let us know how things went for your customer though.

I just got the business from my client for her box with the SB Audigy 2 LX, and I can not see any thing there for FPMM.

The only way I see myself doing FPMM with that card is via a 5 1/4" Front Panel which give you those FPMM via a head phone and mic jack that hangs out the back.
Or if the customer feels like unpgrade to a Audigy 2 Plantium (yeah right)

Now, I just had a flash back to 14 months. I do remember building 10 boxes for this internet cafe. And the customer was particulare on the disign of the box. The boxes that we did get in had FPUSB that connected directily on the on the motherboard.
However, I did have FPMM that was attached to some normal head phone jacks that hung out of the back of the box, and connected into the sound card ports.
Problem was that these cases were pooly maded, and all the computer did have some heating issues. We changed the case over, and we did not see an single box come back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom