Can't enter BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
I need to enter the BIOS on my system to check a couple of settings but can't get in there. On my boot menu it say's "Setup - Del" so I repeatedly tap the delete(backspace) key and nothing happens. I've seen a tech guy get into the BIOS on this system and I E-Mailed him and he just said "tap the del key". Where am I going wrong? Am I tapping the wrong key? Is it the key that says 'delete' on it or even the one on the far right that says 'Del'? Also am I doing the right thing by tapping repeatedly on the boot screen? All help much appreciated. :)

Yea the backspace will not work. You must hit the delete key usually located under the insert key on a standard keyboard. :) Usually just tap it once or twice as you may trigger a keyboard error. Once it senses the DEL key was hit it will usually display something at the bottom like "entering setup".

Win2kpatcher said:
Yea the backspace will not work. You must hit the delete key usually located under the insert key on a standard keyboard. :) Usually just tap it once or twice as you may trigger a keyboard error. Once it senses the DEL key was hit it will usually display something at the bottom like "entering setup".

OK I'll try that - many thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom