Building a computer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty.....I changed my case....

------------------------new list-----------------------

Thanks for looking over my computer parts list!!

Cpu: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 3800+. It's the Toledo core instead of the Manchester

Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

Ram: OCZ Value Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4002048V3DC-K
------------
Case: ASPIRE X-Dreamer ATXB3KLW-BK/420W Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX 420W power supply for AMD/Intel Power Supply or: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119068#DetailSpecs

--------------
Floppy Drive: SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM

Hdd: Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Dvd burner: NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A - OEM

Graphics Card: XFX GEFORCE 7800GT 256MB DDR3 16X PCI-EXPRESS W/ DUAL DVI & VIVO
---------
Power Supply: OCZ OCZ520ADJ ATX 520W Power Supply - Retail....or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104934
..I really don't know what PSU get:

I still need to find a good monitor that would fit my needs, preferably with a 19in screen.

I don't really know how many fans to get in my case or what brand, etc.

I still need to figure out if I should get that 7800GT or wait for it to come down, or get the: some brand 6800GT.aaaaaww i think i'll get the XFX 7800GT:)

Any suggestions,comments, help would be greatly appreciated!

ok, stick with the X-dreamer II case. and add the exahust fan and move the top fan to the front. whatever happened to the antec truepower 480W power supply? anyways between thouse 3 i would either get the 1 or the 2. do not get the 3 one. you still want to go with XFX, ok. thats your choice.

why not the 3rd one? just wondering:D

antec truepower 480W power supply....I looked on newegg and there are 2 that are about the exact same...???

Also do you think I should stick with the ram I have listed...? Some people said I should change it.

So why did you decide to have me stay with the X-dreamer II case? I'm just wondering:)

I ask too many questions:D

the case is more on personal perference. so im not sure what you need, case fans, hdd space, optical drives, floppy drives, etc.

the 3rd one only has 15A on each 12 volt line, while the other two i bleive have aounrd 18.

the ram is ok, you said you are not going to be OCing a lot, so that ram is just fine, and if you ever want to OC you can just run the memory divider

you ask too many questions

PZEROFGH said:
the case is more on personal perference. so im not sure what you need, case fans, hdd space, optical drives, floppy drives, etc.

the 3rd one only has 15A on each 12 volt line, while the other two i bleive have aounrd 18.

the ram is ok, you said you are not going to be OCing a lot, so that ram is just fine, and if you ever want to OC you can just run the memory divider

you ask too many questions

Thnx for the reply:D And yup I 100% agree I ask too many questions:D

I'll stay away from that 3rd PSU, thnx:)

To be safe for OCing what memory do you suggest?<==Nothing tooo spendy tho

As far as the case goes I think I'll go hunting for a different one for a bit and if I can't find any other one I'll get one of those two that I listed above....

THnx again

Harobikes333:)

the DFI motherboard says to use 3200....? On the specs on newegg

so would the higher rated ram work......I'm thinking so...... lol

of course the faster rated ram will work. just make sure you raise the FSB/HTT to whatever your ram speed so you can start the real OCing

I'm not planning on OCing my processor or graphics card until the warranty is gone....aka 3 years from now and the graphics card I don't plan on OCing since it comes factory OCed some....... so do I really need the better ram..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom