Q about DX10

Status
Not open for further replies.

flurobmx

Baseband Member
ok i realised a little while ago that DX10 is coming out when Windows Longhorn does (i no its called Vista but i rekon Longhorn is much cooler) and i was wondering if only the latest cards that come out wen DX10 will be able you use it. Im getting a 6800GT soon and will probably buy another for SLI and i dont want to get 2 6800GTs and then find out that the games that use DX10 wont run on my system.

hey,

yeha i was wondering the same thing, i was reading somewhere that microsoft stated that windows vista and DX10 was not backwards capable...which means all our old beloved games wont run...and therefore that sorta answers the question....i think this is stupid..but i may be wrong.

DirectX is an instruction so it's built into the card architecture, a 6800GT won't recognise DX10 and will process it in DX9 mode

At the rate games are advancing though a 6800GT would probably be considered obsolete by the time games are optimized for DX10 anyways

it won't actually be called DirectX, it will be called Windows Graphics Foundation or WGF
it will be used as part of the OS to incorporate 3D effects on the desktop, so I've heard

gaara said:
DirectX is an instruction so it's built into the card architecture, a 6800GT won't recognise DX10 and will process it in DX9 mode

At the rate games are advancing though a 6800GT would probably be considered obsolete by the time games are optimized for DX10 anyways

+1

well besides all of this wasn't windows vista planning on using some crazy BS that would prevent you from watching a DVD YOU bought on your computer more than once, or something weird like that...they are trying to go against anti-piracy but in reality will just make watching movies or listening to music MORE of a pain in the ass for people.

Buuut yeah, basically all systems right now won't be able to play Far Cry 2 =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom