what the hell, dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
when sorting out my dual boot, and doing the partitions with partition magic,i noticed this. when i first opened it, i saw three partitions:

one FAT at the front, which is a dell utility partition, that you can boot to, and run all sorts of tests,

one big ntfs, (windows xp)

and, wait for it..... a 2GB CONCURRENT DOS!!!! my friend said that was used around the mid-80's????

what the hell is it doing my machine??

is there even the remotest chance that it might be needed, or can i just get rid of it?

do you think it is safe to delete? i might e-mail dell and ask what it is.... not that ill get a response though....

The first thing I tell people who get Dells and HPs is to delete all the partitions on the hard drive and create a single partition, then *buy* a copy of windows xp pro and install it on the pc -- even if your PC came with a recovery CD, it will most likely recover all the shitty bloatware that came on the PC to begin with. I recommend you take my advise.

Didn't I hear about this right here sometime ago that this was a Spyware partition and if you delete it, it voids your warranty?

I know I heard that somewhere...

Flanker said:
Didn't I hear about this right here sometime ago that this was a Spyware partition and if you delete it, it voids your warranty?
So? We're talking about a dell here :mad: I don't speak for everybody, but I could care less about a warrenty on a dell.

003 said:
So? We're talking about a dell here :mad: I don't speak for everybody, but I could care less about a warrenty on a dell.

I care about the warranty's since you need to use them.

That's if, you understand Indian, since you need to :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom