Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox

Baseband Member
I bet you guys are getting sick of these

Anywho after reading this
I have Come to the conclusion there is something wrong with my set-up

okay,

first i cleaned up the wiring in my case to improve airflow, cleaned out my HSF block t make sure ive got decent airflow. i dont have any of that fangled arctic silver stuff, simply because i dont, i use some silicon heat transfer stuff instead but i still get decent temps on the stock cooler

anyway, heres the before and after pics of the setup screen, all i did was change the fsb to 200 and set the memory frequency to synch with the fsb. If i change the system performance preset thingo's :confused: to anything other than optimal it doesnt post.
so optimal it is.

Anyway turn it on it detects a 3200+ I WIN
!!!, no...
loads the little bar at the bottom of the screen, before the windows xp logo (pro). And BLAM!! i get one of these

on the newegg link above i read that lots of people use the same mobo as me and it works so thats probably not my problem

ram perhaps, thats what i think it is very crappy brand, i cant even remember where i bought it
ARIA anybody heard of that, i havent

so.. any suggestions perhaps?
Or tips and tricks?

or are you all sick of answering my annoying unpunctuated questions, because i really would like to get the most out of my chip :)

Thanks in advance

you are a very easy person to help, just wish your pictures werent so damn big :)

set system performance to user defined so you can change the multiplier. set CPU frequency multple from 11.0 to 10.5.

what is wierd is look at how you change your memory to "by SPD and it shows 200Mhz resulting, but at POST it shows 166Mhz which is what it should be. you might want to also change memory to user defined and set it so resulting memory frequency is at 166Mhz.

save changes reboot and see if BSOD comes back. if this doesnt fix it it is because you are using crappy generic memory. you have to take out that memory completely from the board and replace it with some quality brand.

by "the same mobo" i think you have a asus a7n8x deluxe right? i have that board with a xp2500 and using xorsair XMS 512MB running great. i would recommend that memory or if you have a tight budget get corsair XMS 256MB at the very least which runs around $60 USD on newegg.com

well its the -x model mobo, dont know if its much different from the duluxe.

put my ram in a pc with a MSI k7n2g with a 2500+ i clocked it to 2.2 ghz no problems, so it probably is the ram.

so now im shifting blame to the motherboard

BUT!! on the reviews of the 2500+ chip on newegg there are people with this board clocking the cpu to those speeds

so i dunno...

Oh and it seems my cpu multiple is locked, i can change it in the bios but it doesnt have any effect....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom