Bottleneck - P4 3.2 and Geforce 7800 GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB-Barton

Solid State Member
I just wanted to hear from somebody else. A Pentium 4 3.2 ghz processer with a Gefore 78000 GTX gfx card won't bottleneck, right? I just want to make sure before buying it.

Also it's coming with 2 gigs of Ram, and all the other misc. stuff you need. There's a 24 inch Widescreen monitor coming with it, I bought it half off. I'm kinda scared though, buying something half off. I mean, either its a really good deal or there making room for something better or something else. The comps coming from Dell, its 600 series.

I understand it might be cheaper to build my own pc rather than to buy it off the assembly line. But me and my dad both have dells, his 6 years old my 4 years old. Never ever ever had a problem with it, still runs perfect to this day, so I naturally have confidence in the company.

JB-Barton said:
I just wanted to hear from somebody else. A Pentium 4 3.2 ghz processer with a Gefore 78000 GTX gfx card won't bottleneck, right? I just want to make sure before buying it.

Also it's coming with 2 gigs of Ram, and all the other misc. stuff you need. There's a 24 inch Widescreen monitor coming with it, I bought it half off. I'm kinda scared though, buying something half off. I mean, either its a really good deal or there making room for something better or something else. The comps coming from Dell, its 600 series.

I understand it might be cheaper to build my own pc rather than to buy it off the assembly line. But me and my dad both have dells, his 6 years old my 4 years old. Never ever ever had a problem with it, still runs perfect to this day, so I naturally have confidence in the company.

I won't touch this thread.. I leave it for someone else...
LOL... hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

Is there a big hate group against Dell or something?

Anyways, the monitor is 12 ms which is probably a problem.

most of the people here don't believe in the big brands like dell, hp and etc... these companies limit your ability to get the most out of your components. and as far as your bottleneck concern, i'll leave it to someone else.

wow dude
when it dies and you have to get tech support from a guy in india
i shall stand there and laugh my ass off

now heres the clincher

How Much Did You Pay For It?

I haven't bought it. Final total was $2,600.

Here's the basics.

Pentium® 4 Processor 640 with HT Technology (3.20GHz, 800 FSB)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 4 DIMMs
Dell USB Keyboard
24 inch UltraSharp™ 2405FPW Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX
160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/ NCQ
Optical USB Mouse
Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable
Sound Blaster Audigy™ 2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, IEEE 1394 capability

TOTAL:$2,599.00

Dont buy that.

Pay someone on the forum to custom build you a computer from newegg.com and save money and get a better machine.

DONT BUY THAT DELL!!!!!!!!

a computer that exceeds the performance of the dell you have selected can be built for 600+ less.

I did shop around and build my own before looking at that Dell. I'll post what I jotted down in a minute.

Logisys Dracula Blue/Chrome case

480w PSU - Can't read my writing on the brand name, needs to be changed though. O, the alt. PSU was a 500w Aspire

AMD 64 3800

GF 7800 GTX

1 Gig Corsair XMS pc 3200 Twin XXL Latency

Foxcon NF4UK8AA Mobo

Likon 19'' flat panel monitor

Seagate 160 HD

Windows XP

I think the total was around $1500 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom