Software in the Information Systems Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
For one of my current CS classes (CS150, what a challenge!) the professor has asked us to find and describe a software application that is used in our major field. I am an Information Systems major. If you happen to know any apps that are widely used in IS, I'd really appreciate a name. I could probably google it and do my own research from there. Thanks!

dang, there are a million titles that come to mind. Any OS. Any conncetion program.

Your question is like "what tools are used in farming?" or "what is used for transportation?". It's a very broad question. If you have a computer, you already have the answer...

Yes... I'm well aware that I could simply make a quick write-up on something like IE or Mozilla... but I'm looking for something more industry specific. Perhaps some sort of software that helps to accomplish a certain task often faced by IS professionals.

edit: As in, something that probably only people with experience in the IS field will even know exists. Just thought someone on here might know. I'm sure someone does, hopefully they come around :).

Thanks csamuels. Luckily it's only a small assignment so I only have to crank out one page :). I've actually been curious about what SQL is since I always hear about it... now I've actually got a good reason to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom