Please help. No change after installing video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCell

Solid State Member
I purchased a PCI video card and installed it into an existing slot in my computers motherboard. I then turned the computer on and ran the software. The software installed sucessfully, and I then restarted the computer. I then opened microsoft flight simulator, and there is no change!!! Not even the slightest. The gameplay is still a little "choppy", and the graphics haven't improved in the least. I noticed that the video card has a port for a monitor, but when I plugged my monitor into it, the screen stays black. If you restart the computor, with the monitor connected to the video card, the monitor WILL display the windows logo, etc...but after windows runs the screen goes back to black.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

First off, if you purchased a card from the Nvidia GeForce series, the drivers that come with the card will not work, you'll have to go to the windows update page to get the appropriate driver.

Now onto to the more likely solution. It sounds as if your machine already has onboard VGA (video, the blue trapezoid shaped port) that your monitor uses by default. Usually if the machine is pre-bought the drivers for it will already be installed (usually uses an Intel video chipset) when you installed the new video card you have to tell the computer to use that card instead of the onboard video. To do this you have to go into the add remove programs dialog menu by going to My Computer>Control Panel>Add/Remove programs, and you should find an entry mentioning video drivers. Now that I think of it actually, you might have to go into the Hardware Device manager and remove the drivers that way. If you don't already know you right click My Computer then click on the hardware tab, then click on the device manager button. Think of it as the add/remove programs window for hardware.

Before you do this make sure you have the right drivers installed before this just to make sure you can still see video. After that just plug the VGA (monitor) cable into the port on the video card, not where the other ports in the middle of the machine. After that you should be good to go. If you have any more problems lemme know. Hope I helped.

you'll have to go to the windows update page to get the appropriate driver.
no, go to nvidias website and download the latest drivers.

Chances are he needs to go into the BIOS and turn off the onboard video in there and select for it to view through the PCI slot....he shouldn't even have to mess within windows at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom