Today's LCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenlingstyle

In Runtime
I've had a 17" CRT for as long as I can remember. Finally I'm looking into LCDs but sadly I have no background or knowledge of what's been on the market in the past years and what's on it now.

I have a friend that recommends me nothing but LG models but I don't understand what the hell he's saying. What I need is a dual LCD setup for mostly gaming and movie watching. I would like two 19"s but they seem really expensive and when I walk into Best Buy I just notice that 17"s look much better in terms of image quality than 19"s.

If anyone has any recommendations or links to guides I can read about it would be great. And also what are the main features I should be looking for when buying? Thanks in advance.

edit: here is my system

A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
OCZ Platinum PC3200 1GB Rev2 Dual Channel
2 x Maxtor 80GB SATA
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I'm assuming that my 9800 Pro support dual monitor and I just plug one monitor into the DVI and the other into the VGA.

For gaming

8ms or less
300 cd/m2 or more Most of them are 250 it will just be very dark when you play games like Doom3.

i have a 19" hyundia 8ms dvi/d-sub ... tomshardware says its actually somewhere around 10ms ... and others say they cant see ghosting, but i can see a little. only when dragging text and windows around though, i dont see it in games.

SHAWN said:
Hyundia was ment to make cars not PC products IMO.

well ... you must like low quality cars then. i was evaluating the LCD monitors at my local computer parts dealer, and i was surprised too that the hyundia was as good as it was. i would never buy a car from them, and nor do i care what brand it is, as long as the monitor is quality. it could be made by fisher price and if it had the same performace i'd buy it.

[edited for catastrophic typos]

4ms? I haven't found any of those. I have a question regarding response time though, is there really a difference when gaming between 12ms and 8ms? The price difference really hurts my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom