Just built a P4 PC. Now I need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I just built a P4 630 rig.
MSI 945G Neo-F mobo
1 GB DDR2 PC4400
2 DVD burners
250 GB WD SATA
Onboard video, lan, audio
KWorld Video Magician (Video Capture card, TV tuner) PCI
PCI modem

I loaded XP Pro fine, but when I tried to install the drivers for my pci cards, it says it can't find any. Why doesnt it detect my PCI devices?
I also got a Mitsumi internal floppy and card reader drive. Where do I plug in the wire that comes with it other than the floppy wire?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

ummm since u didnt say what kinda psu u have it probably sucks so get a new one of those that may be the problem. try running a game or something that challenges ur pc but ir pc still runs it nicely and see if it runs like shit if it does u need a new psu if u get any random restrts u need a new pcu. try to rip a dvd then convert to some other file types like avi or something and see if it ever retsrts or runs like shit. but im pretty sure its ur psu or mobo

I got an Antec Smartpower 2.0 500 watt, so I'm pretty sure its not the psu. Should I reset the Bios? Where do I plug in the mitsumi drive? Can someone more experienced please help me; I don't need broad answers.

Did you install the chipset drivers? They come with the motherboard.

I don't know about the card reader because I have never used one, but I am guessing it might be for the USB header.

Sport1031 said:
Did you install the chipset drivers? They come with the motherboard.

I don't know about the card reader because I have never used one, but I am guessing it might be for the USB header.

Yes... You hook up that cable to an available and open USB connecter on your motherboard. And you hook up the FLoppy cable to the floppy connecter on your motherboard. Oh, and don't forget to hook up the power to your PSU.

That mitsumi floppy/media card reader is a very nice touch to any PC. I've got one and although I don't use floppy much, it's nice to have it when you need it. The media card readers I use all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom