No VGA port on my motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not the monitor dude, it has nothing to do with it 'not detecting a monitor'........monitors don't get detected, they just display crap...so if you KNOW the card works then it's something else, probably the motherboard

it's screwed to the spacer thingy, i know im not suppose to screw it directly to the case because it will cause a short.

Hmm have you checked that the ram is slotted in properly?, because if it isn't, that's the reason the monitor won't display anything.

Another thing you could try, just to double check the monitor isn't faulty, is to turn it on without the VGA slotted into the graphics card, and if it displays a message like "No input", then it's working fine..

yeah, I tried that, I unplugged the monitor from the video card and a message says "Check Video Cable" which means in other words to insert it into VGA slot. So i am sure the monitor works great. I have no clue whatelse to do, This computer is amazing and I really want to get it working :(

Pentium 4 HT 3.6 GHZ
Maxtor 300Gb HDD
2GB OF DDR2 Ram
915P Motherboard Combo
CD-RW/DVD-RW Rom Drive
ATX 450Watts Power Supply
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro AGP 256mb

i have the same type of motherboard, but am waiting on a video card to see if my monitor will pickup on it.

Dude as Kilew said.. Reseat your ram and swap it around the slots.. Ive had to do that countless times to get video..

magikmark8 - you said that you got this as a Mobo & CPU COMBO from EBAY.... When you recieved it, was the CPU already in the socket with the heatsink on it?? If it was, did you take it off, clean it and apply new thermal paste/pad/grease on it?

How many of the components have you tested and know are in WORKING order (meaning you saw it work with your own eyes, not "the seller said it worked"...). You said you tested the monitor on another PC, so that works. Do you have another rig that you can use to test the video card, RAM, CPU, and PSU, and another CPU to test in the motherboard??

Also, is your video card AGP or PCI? (lol, you didn't CUT the card to fit into a slot.... did you?)
Lastly, when turn the computer on, do the fans span, and optical drives and HDD's turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom