P4 vs. AMD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marineman227

Baseband Member
Just a question as far as the AMD processors. I was just wondering is an AMD XP 3200 comparable to a P4 3.2 GHZ and if it is, how? The website says that the XP 3200 operates at 2.2 GHZ so is there something about it that makes it seem like the 3.2 GHZ or is it comparable to the 3.2 thanks for the help i'm looking at which i want to buy.

The 3200+ is comparable to a P4 3.2Ghz. In some cases it is more superior then the P4 and in others it trails behide. I would go for the AMD chip because of the price comparison.

Actually price comparison the intel isnt much more, like i said before the only reason amd is fast is because of its short pipeline, intel has a longer information pipeline but overcomes its pipeline distance by its processor speed, amd is like driving and honda hybrid great efficency but slow, intel is like a viper fast speed but very inefficient, both have their qualities, i personally from experience will never purchase another AMD, too unstable for me

Sorry AMD fans, The P4 3.2 is faster than an XP3200+ in every benchmark I have ever seen. The P4 can not be beat by anything less than a 64 bit athlon. That said, the athlon64 3000+ often matches or beats a P43.2, so if you are building a new computer, I would get an Athlon64. The 3200+ is cheaper than the P4 3.2 and is faster still.

OK AMD is as fast as it says and some times fast exspecialy for gamming the amd is a lower clock but can do do what ever the number says like a 3200+ can do anything a 3.2 can its the quanta speed technology that multiplys the data out put and benchmarks dont mean shiit my freidn has FFXI his benchmark scored higer but my system runs it better and amd has better chipsets take its from a techie dude go amd more bang for the buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom