CPU Damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-[ZoU]-Kronos said:
yeah sometimes when i start up my computer, it will come up with a "overclock failed" even though i dont have it OCed. so this could be my psu not putting out enough power? if you guys have the slightest idea on what this could be, please post and save me a extra 300 i might not have to spend becuase i know returning processors isn't easy.

The overclocking failed is just something Asus motherboard's do.

all im saying is im going to ring some necks if this is not my psu and it is indeed my processor needing a replacement. do you think newegg will rma if i say i ordered the wrong one and instead found another one anyway? :) thats if this doesn't work.

dont copy it? its the one i had in the first place. its the one that came with my case, i know its not the most trusted brand for psu's but they do indeed look too stylish to pass up.

turns out... IT WASN'T my psu. so now i have to pay 300 bux to have my cpu replaced too. just great.... ive never heard of this happening.

RMA it dude.....most manufacturers have like 3 year warrenties and crap.

Assuming the CPU has no notable damage when looking at you should be able to get it replaced.

"My CPU stopped working" and just neglect to mention anything else :p

I'd atleast try an RMA before you bought another.

My first FX5700 died...man I ripped the heatsink off of it, and there were 3 other little micronsinks on it that I ripped off...I bent the card to the point of it cracking because I was pissed and was just gonna break it until a friend said "nah we should blow it up"....then another friend said I should try RMA'ing it....so I freakin super glued the microsinks on, put the main heatsink back on, sent that shiz back and sure enough they sent me another lol...too bad that one died like 6 months later....moral of the story chaintech = crap :p

what if i dont have my paperwork that came with it in the package.... wouldn't i need that? ive also OCed it before, how do they know if ive done that? lol sorry, ive never RMAd, i just prefer to skip the confusion and drama and just purchase another one except this is 300 bux.

Well if you bought it at someplace like newegg...most online stores will have records of your purchases...I know if I log into my newegg account it'll show me my purchase history over the last year+ ....if you bought it from a store then you MIGHT be screwed but the only way you're going to find out is if you contact the manufacturer and see what they require for RMA.....no they can't tell if you OC'd it before, that's why those 'OC'ing voids your warrenty' is pretty much a joke...most of the time the RMA department is just people who pull it out of box, check to see what needs to be replaced, make sure the things not obviously broken or burnt and replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom