No VGA port on my motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, you take out the battery for about 10 mintutes. or move the jumpers from 1-2 to 2-3 for about 30 seconds and move it back to 1-2

I might be wrong here but looking at magikmark8's i think that it might be the MONITER, not the video card because he said he's not getting any picture AT ALL.

Maybe your moniter is a dud

heres a thought....maybe his computer isn't POSTing at all and the monitor is fine...OMG OMG.....

if you aren't hearing a startup beep from your computer, then the thing isn't POSTing and you have hardware conflict

:(

hey, yeah i tried my monitor on another computer and it works great, but the main problem is I dont have the 15 pin VGA port, i just cant get my motherboard to detect the video card in order for me to view anything on my monitor, all this computer has is a serial COM port :-(

well first off, you shoulda checked whether the motherboard had onboard video before you just assumed it did.

2. have you tried that card in another computer to make sure it works? If you KNOW the card works and have tried reseating it in this current motherboard, then perhaps your motherboard is bunk.

You can try putting the mobo out of the case on something like cardboard or wood and turning it on, and if it comes on then chances are it was grounding out in the case

yeah, I purchased this motherboard from ebay, and they said it did have onboard VGA support, but when i recieved it, i said to myself "somthing is different", the mother board I purchased was a *3.2Ghz x64 Pentium 4 HT CPU & 915P Motherboard Combo*.

A VGA-port add-on should have come with the video card. When you've got the card installed on your motherboard, you need to add the add-on to your video card and then attach the monitor to it.

yeah, I have a video card its a ATI RADEON 9700Pro AGP 256MB 9700 Pro Video Card, it has the VGA adapter but for some reason it wont detect my monitor, im sure its seated all the way in, but somehow it wont detect my monitor so I can view my BIOS info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom