Time for a PSU upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
Well, my 12v rail (monitored using ASUS Probe) reports my 12v rail @ 11.7 idle, drop to 11.5-11.6 under load. Should I be worried about this (because I am already lol)? Note that while running HL2, Doom 3, RTHDRIBL and the like I get the occasional 'stutter' - which I never used to get with a single GTX w/ same drivers btw, eliminating the chances of a mere software bug in my opinion.

So, do you guys think that a new PSU is in order? I was looking at the OCZ PowerStream family, check out the 600w in particular: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/OCZ.html.

Also worth noting that my (PSU's) exhaust fan is making a horrible clicking noise from time to time, which I've tried to fix but continues to make a racket... could be on it's way out and is causing overheating.

Thanks.

I bet that its a software bug, because SLI works differently than one card. but then again, i'm probably wrong. if you want to get a new PSU knock yourself out. you know that everyone here is going to go nuts over that PowerStream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom