Dual Channel Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
Would using 1 gig dual channel ram or 1 gig (dual channel ram) + another 512(not dual channel) be better for gaming? More "Ram" the better???

so 1.5GBs of non dual channel

or 1GB of dual channel

for me i would have to go with the 1.5GB

RAM is not dual channel....when it says that on packages it simply means it's guaranteed to run in dual channel assuming your motherboard and CPU support it....two matching sticks in the appropriate slots of your motherboard...it'd wouldn't be "1gb of dual channel RAM + 512mb non dual channel" it's simply be 1.5gb running in single channel

O.k, so what i was trying to say is "1gb of dual channel ram(my mobo supports dual channel)" better than 1.5gb single channel ram, especially with regards to gaming?

1gb would simply be faster since it's running in dual channel, 1.5gb would simply be more...you're comparing bandwidth speed vs amount here...pretty much two different things... the 1.5gb would help you more though in the RAM sucking games like FEAR and BF2 and whatnot...although 1gb seems to suit me just fine for BF2, FEAR is definitely a RAM hog

Ok gotcha. I have 1.5gb's of Ram playing BF2 and wanted to know which config would work better.Thanks Nubuis
BTW- what a weird sig you have and why is that guy mooning me???Strange????

BTW- what a weird sig you have and why is that guy mooning me???Strange????
He's not mooning you....you busted through the wall of the changing room and he's shocked to see someone invading his privacy

I would be inclined to use the 1GB only. In this case I'd say more is not better.

On saying that, you will benifit from having 2GB of system memory in games like BF2, F.E.A.R.and so on (BF2 alone can use over 1GB of RAM). Save up for another exact matching pair of DIMM's to what you have, 2GB running in dual channel is the answer atm.

Thank you Doom, but getting another (1gb)exact pair is out of the question since i over paid for it in the first place on ebay :(How could i test what works better?)

Nubuis-ok nice explanation,lol. Whats the deal with missus on the floor kissing the guy and blood everywhere?

P.S-and the so called guy mooning me, is it really a guy? That could pass for a really ugly girl.

Nubuis-ok nice explanation,lol. Whats the deal with missus on the floor kissing the guy and blood everywhere?
It's part of the opening theme...when she's singing she says to the effect of "I'll beat you, tie you, cut you, hang you, be a cocktease...but that's just the way I say I love you" and when it gets to that "just the way I say I love you" part it shows her walk over and give him a smooch even though he's beat to a pulp :D

Go here for some screenshots that are within the first 5 minutes of the first episode...it's a comedy but also violent....but in a funny way like itchy and scratchy.

http://www.animefightclub.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=818&start=0

And yeah it's a guy, their teacher to be exact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom