First time OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does 2 gigs of Corsair Value Select RAM with no OCing compare to 1 gig of good RAM with OCing? Which would I be better off with for games?

How does 2 gigs of Corsair Value Select RAM with no OCing compare to 1 gig of good RAM with OCing? Which would I be better off with for games?
You'd have to look for benchmarks online.....considering games like FEAR eat up the RAM it probably will come down to amount of RAM available more so than it will how much bandwidth the RAM is providing.

this is why they made memory dividers. lol.

i bet your valueselect ram can go around 210-220ish.

I have my ValueSeect on 208 right now with a 6:5 divider.

Your Corsair ValueSelect is horrible for overclocking. Simple as that. You will NOT be overclocking your memory, so you can just forget about that.

First of all, do like Idiotec said and overclock your CPU. Personally, I think Idiotec made it sound a bit complicated, but thats just me.

Now, before you do anything, go into your BIOS and look at ALL the options. What you're looking for is where you change the HTT, the CPU Multi, the Memory Speed (should be DDR-something), and the LDT Multiplier. (I suggest you write these down on paper.)

I don't have a DFI Board so I don't know its layout, but all the above things don't have to be main options. They could be hidden DEEP in your BIOS (especially since the Ultra-D is notorious for its overly complicated memory interface).

Go! Go Already! Go see and come back when you've located all those things.

You DO know how to get into the BIOS don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom