what can i use to glue perspex top to waterblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi all im in the middle of making my own waterblock to save a bit of money and im gona use perspex as the top but dont know what would be best to attach it to the block if you got any ideas it would be great cheers mlr

i am going to screw it down but i need somthing else to seal it with to make sure its watertight this is my first go at it so wanna make sure its right

if you've done it right then you should simply use a rubber seal like, once again, every other water block uses.

There is this stuff (sorry dont know the name) that I'm sure you could get at your local pet shop that has aquariums, pumps and things for fish and crap....it's a gel-like substance that comes in a tube thats made to put on the edges and corners of aquariums to seal them from leaks...it comes out a gel and then kind of solidifies...not like JB Weld solidifies as it's still kind of rubbery but it makes the seal.

glare isn't a problem compared to how blurry it is...I can't even tell how you've carved out the center of the block....are you just going for a nonimpingement block?

ive just drilled it out with a drill press and cleaned it up a bit with a dremel as i dont have access to milling machine, i think it should work ok tho,the block itsels is 24mm in depthand ive taken around 19mm out,ill try to get some better pics uploaded later

still didn't tell me if you were planning on making it impingement or not...I'm gonna guess no since it looks like you're simply going to have a barb on the left and right side and let it flow through......if you were going for impingement you'd have the barb in the middle over the center of the CPU.

yeah, that's the common nonimpingement style...muchlike the DangerDen Maze4 CPU block except of course the way the channels are grooved, but yeah without a mill of course you're going to be limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom