Hard Drive Door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumo_Buddha

Solid State Member
CD Drive Door...

My CD drive seems to be possesed. Awhile ago a CD got stuck in the CD drive and my brother took it upon himself to open it up and take it out. While doing this a piece came out of it, I forgot what it is called but its round, blah brain fart, anyways. So we finally got it back in and now the door opens by itself or when you press to close it, it gets stuck and keeps goin in and out. If you close the door with no CD it in, it sounds like it is struggling and it stops. I just wanted to know how can I fix it if I can?

:confused:

I'm assuming you ment cd drive

and if it is just a cd drive or even if it is a cd rw they are really really cheap to buy so if it is that much of a problem you may want to just pick up a new one for 20$ or less

amd643200+ said:
I'm assuming you ment cd drive

and if it is just a cd drive or even if it is a cd rw they are really really cheap to buy so if it is that much of a problem you may want to just pick up a new one for 20$ or less

Whoops, yea I ment cd drive. I have been searching for a new hard drive on ebay and got mixed up. The drive I have is a CD/DVD. I was just wondering why its acting so posessed.

sounds to me like somthing came loose and is still stuck in the back and is messing with the track and sensors that control proper functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom