Hard Drive is Singing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snump

In Runtime
built a PC for my dad a year ago and so far he likes it. I used the
PC last week and I noticed the sound of the hard drive starting to quit on me. I can warranty the drive no problem - thats not the issue.
My question is, is there a way to back up the IE bookmarks, settings and such in a few steps? That way when I reinstall the OS all is well with the world?

For the bookmarks, just go to organise favourites, highlight all, and copy thm to a floppy. As for settings, im not sure.

start, programs, accessories, system tools, file and settings transfer wizard.

That will do a lot for you. You can even pack it into a single file and then move it to the other machine or dvd/cd.

Good luck

wow

click file, import and export, then that wizard will appear. now export the favorite and setting to a file and burn it to disc

or import IE settings from yahoo my web pages and you can alway track them down later if you lose the ones on your hard drive

http://myweb.search.yahoo.com/myweb

SHAWN said:
Test your hard drive by going to the vendors website and downloading their diagnostic tool.

Believe me, itr is a dead dreive walking. There's a "whine" and the occasional (asdad put it) the sound of a rock hitting the undercarriage. :D

But the file and transfer settiings thing is apparently my best bet, I'lluse that.

thanks!

Snump said:
Believe me, itr is a dead dreive walking. There's a "whine" and the occasional (asdad put it) the sound of a rock hitting the undercarriage. :D

But the file and transfer settiings thing is apparently my best bet, I'lluse that.

thanks!

that will take a long time. my way will take seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom