Server managment software

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorEdddie

Beta member
Sup all

I am looking for a File permissions security software, Basiclly i need it to list all the files and the groups that have access rights to them.

If anyone knows of a good file security managment software let me know.

*Note it doesnt matter if it is free or not its for a company so they will pay the cash if need be.

Thanks for all the info.

Active Directly holds all that information... If you are looking for the files and groups you can do it all from a Domain machine or Active Directory. don't get a 3rd party app.

I run windows 2000 server with a windows 2003 backup exchange server.
I had been using the CACLS commands to list folders and the groups that had access to them along with there designated permissions. But CALCS commands are very limited. I need to know all the details such as when the file has been accessed what and when a file has been modified, the user who modifyed the file and his access rights.

We need total security control and monotoring of all files and folders.

and i would use active directory but my boss needs to understand it. And with al the projects i have going on i don't have time to make a script. 3rd party app would have easy user interface which = boss understanding lol.

well, there are a few that I can think of. One is Hyena. It's a a pretty easy to understand tool...
http://www.systemtools.com/index.html

do you have active directory up and running? if not, then no problem, but if you do, there are a lot of plugins that you can use to see all the group memberships. Directory mapping is a little more complex, as it needs to link the two. We have a custom written program that does it. Might be worth looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom