Suggestions for upgrading graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comp1735

Beta member
I want to upgrade my graphics but at the same time I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a graphics card since I have pretty good graphics as it right now with integrated Intel 3D Extreme Graphics which is what my computer came with. However when I play a pc game that requires higher end graphics I wish my graphics were a little better. What would be my best option to upgrade the graphics without spending a boat load of money?

by a game with higher end gfx you mean what? I wasn't aware most modern games could even run off a integrated gfx card.

Rmaia said:
by a game with higher end gfx you mean what? I wasn't aware most modern games could even run off a integrated gfx card.

For example a pc game like DOOM 3. By modern games what do you mean? Because I run games that require higher end graphics on my computer all the time and the only problems I have are below average graphics.

You can get a GeForce 6200 for pretty cheap which is while not a hardcore gamer's card, its leaps and bounds ahead of Intel's Integrated graphics. I don't believe Intel graphics have pixel shader support, and that would make a big difference in your image quality.

for the price you pay for the 6200 you are better off paying a little bit more for the 6600GT because this way you wont have to upgrade you video card anytime soon

yeah the geforce 6600 gt is the best medium/high end card out and its fairly cheap. it'll only set you back like 150 which isn't that bad considering what it can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom