No VGA port on my motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

magikmark8

Solid State Member
hi, i have recently built a computer and i am just now relizing that the motherboard does not have a VGA (15 pin) port for me to hook up my monitor, I also bought a video card with the port i need, but for some reason i still cant view anything on my monitor because i cant install the drivers cuz of the fact i cant see anything!!! anyone have any idea's of what I could do in order to get my motherboard to detect my monitor so I can see what I am doing?

Mark

hmm, it might be possible that ur videocard hasn't been set up in BIOS but i cant really help you with that, just look around in BIOS and u might find something ;)

After you install your card you should get a picture on your monitor...Its low quality, but its good enuff until you install the drivers. If ur card is installed, make sure its all the way in its slot. I dont know how many times my cards werent pushed all the way in and that results in a black screen..

:-(

hi, yeah I would try looking around the bios but the computer doesnt find the monitor at all, the light on it stays orange (sleep) I checked the video card to see if it was in all the way in the VGA slot and it is, and still my monitor wont cut on at all, any other idea's?

Turn onboard video off in the bios and set it to AGP or PCI, wherever your card is plugged into.

Try to reset the bios.

:(

One question though, how can I get to my BIOS if my monitor wont cut on, is there a way I can do this by doing something on the motherboard? please let me know guys. Thank you :)

obviously this guy doesnt have onboard. so sit your video card all the way in. take it out and reseat it. try to clear the cmos or something. usually if it not working it would say something on the monitor. when i forgot to plug mines to my psu, it says PLUG INTO PSU!

I think by clearing the cmos they mean take out the little battery for, i believe, 10 minutes...(not sure there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom