Cant Find Harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenkiSX

Baseband Member
Hey im doing my first build and I plug everything in and when I try to boot up Windows it says that thier is no Hard drive connected. I have a Seagate Barracuda Sata 150 80gb hard drive. I think I connected it right. Does anyone have any ideas as what is wrong?

I dont know much about SATA HD's but have you checked your bios to make sure that the drives are not disabled somehow?

I dont think thier disabled. :( This is really frusturating. It can find the Hard drive know but its a third primary, and the computer wont try to boot the o/s. it says "verifying DMI Pool Data" but wont do anything after that. Am I suppose to setup the harddrive in a raid?

Keeping in mind that I know nothing of sata drives::: Is there a cable select option?

im using the sata port 1, where do i make sure its turned on in the bios? Im pretty sure I endabled Sata 1.

does the HDD have jumper settings ?? if so you might want to put that to cable select or master....and if you have any other HDD's put them to slave...:)

I am a little confused here, I don't know how much I can help, but does the bios recognize there is a drive? What other drives do you have installed on the system?

Windows setup does not support SATA on its own; you will have to press F6 when loading setup, and then provide the SATA drivers for your mobo's particular chipset using, thats right, a floppy disk. Ain't ancient technology wonderful?

The SATA drivers are problably on your mobo's installation CD somewhere. Just copy the driver folders (making sure to include the OEMSetup file) onto the floppy disk and insert the disk in your new computer when Windows setup prompts your for it.

It's a pain in the butt, but it's the only way you'll be able to install Windows on a SATA HDD.

Ive tried that already. Im I suppose to set up a Raid array? I only have 1 80gb harddrive. I have it connected into the Sata 1 slot. Whould stat 2, 3 , or 4 slot be better to connect it into? The bios recongize he Harddrive has a third primary drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom