Can a person get their outlook when they are traveling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
Is there a way for a person to get their email through outlook when they are on the road. I also mean the stuff that is in the outlook folder on my home computer.

and those are a grip of cash to operator...we have a bez with the attachment server here, it's pretty cool i like my bb, just waiting for a smaller phone than the 7230 (or whatever model it is)....

if your company has a vpn concentrator than you could vpn to your network and not have to worry about webmail (i hate webmail) we always have to cycle it becuase of page can not be displayed or blank screens...

You could OWE which is outlook web access on the exchange server, but this will not allow to access personal folders such as on your home computer. If that is the case I would reccomend setting up RDP to the home pc or whichever has outlook with the personal folders, which the user could then dial into remotely without VPN.

This would require configure the router to port foward and such. Also VPN is another alternative that will achieve being able to browse personal folders.

You can access your emails if you have offline files enabled but you wont see any new ones appear.

if it's anything like incrediamail (don't laugh), you can set it to leave a copy of the message on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom