Windows 98 to 98SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangs2000

In Runtime
I accidentaly ran windows 98 setup on my windows 98SE using and old windows 98 CD.

I need to be able to reinstall windows 98 SE over the older version, but I am being told I need an upgrade version. I have tried installing it in both windows and MS-Dos.

Yea, you would need the SE upgrade disk. It's been a while since I have seen one of these. But I am almost 100% certain that this is what you need.

-Mike

I'm sure you can obtain it from E-Bay, You can get anything off ebay.

don't format just delete the windows folder from dos prompt and then try to run the win98 SE setup

I'm surprised it Installed 98, It should have given you the error that it was an Older version of what you already have installed:confused:

im just as confused as kboy i never new windows was downgradeable i tried it from xp to 98 never would work. Just reformatted the danm thing lol. I hate xp.

I'm surprised it Installed 98, It should have given you the error that it was an Older version of what you already have installed

I agree never seen that happen before.:confused:

What are you trying to accomplish in Win 98SE that you can't do in the older version?
Are you installing something and getting errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom