Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have other connectivity ? like Internet and Share access ?

Edit: Do you have quotas on your exchange server ?
You might be over your limit which would stop you from sending or recieving.

bradybnmci said:
do you have other connectivity ? like Internet and Share access ?

Edit: Do you have quotas on your exchange server ?
You might be over your limit which would stop you from sending or recieving.

dont have an exchange server...

maybe the ports (pop & smtp) have been change by the mail provider? i would call (or if you have other email) send a mail and ask if they've made any configuration changes....maybe swtich over to TLS encryption or something..who knows..

support@youremailprovider.com / .net / .org / .whatever

shan said:
maybe the ports (pop & smtp) have been change by the mail provider? i would call (or if you have other email) send a mail and ask if they've made any configuration changes....maybe swtich over to TLS encryption or something..who knows..

support@youremailprovider.com / .net / .org / .whatever

no dude that cant be the problem because we run our own email server....and plus its the only computer out of a few hundred that is doing this...

back to the drawing board fellas :mad:

Ok... If you think its a settings issue sledge this thing...

Heres what you MUST try... the reason you must is b/c nothing else has worked. Rebuild your local profile/roaming profile if you have one ( which you probably don't ). Rename/Set it up again/ and start fresh.
If you think its a connection issue, Ill get back to you.

Do you run Active Directory ?

If you do, check your exchage general and advaced tabs.

its not a connection issue....because it has been tested by the IT manager...

we dont have active directory on the computer

and we have uninstalled and reinstalled this program about 4 times...each time starting fresh....

Avalanch3 said:
come on guys .. someone must be able to help solve this problem :)

there a lot of thing you can do to fix the problem. however you act vague on somethings.

we don't know who your email is through (we don't need your email address, but knowing the provider can help tremendously).

you can download www.incredimail.com and run your name and password through it and see if it will work(incredimails automatically configure everybody's email), so that we can know whether it your service or outlook (I'm betting it's your service provider. it is almost always is in most cases).

ok...Mr EricB

the email is through my own company...we have our own server...our isp is Swift Tel....but how can they be at fault when its only on 1 computer out of like 300+ ??????

its has to be a outlook problem because, we have tried the username and password on a diffrent computer and it worked fine..but when we tried it again on the computer it was on originally it would come up with the error....

as said many of time...we have tried reinstalling outlook 2003 but still no go....we know that if we reinstall windows again it is likely to work...but we cant do that because alot of people need this computer and they cant do a hour without it or they will lose alot of business........

thats why i am trying my best to try and work around reinstalling windows XP pro

-EDIT- Ok we logged into the server and we can see that the username and password is correct and is connecting...but thats as far as it gets.....it then stops....and comes up the error message again :confused:

Now you have re-installed outlook..but have you tried what someone reccomended above and create a new test profile and see if it works under the profile? This is differnt then re-installing outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom