scanner or windows problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

debi

Beta member
I was given a Compaq Presario 4814. I installed win 98se on it. I tried installing a Microtek Scanmaker 4800 on it. My problem is that a scanner is not listed in my device properties and when I try to add new hardware. I find imaging devices but the only imaging device shown is a Kodak Digital Camera, but the choices for the camera are either COM 1 or LPT port. The scanner is usb and the computer recognize new hardware in the usb devices but as an unknown device. The computer program for the Scanner does not detect it. I have updated my bios and all my drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled over and over again. I have tried different usb cords. The only thing I can think of that is left is that the scanner is win 98, 2000, me, and xp compatable but not win95. Even though I have installed win 98 on it could it be conflicting with the scanner some how. How do I fix this? Please help me, I have been working on this for almost 2 weeks now.:confused:

Try going to Microtek's Website & get the proper install directions for Win 98 with the latest drivers. There's probably a set procedure for it.
Have ya also ran Windows Update to get any additional fixes for Win98 se?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom