Im on the edge of a blade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKammander

TeH ViZarD
As you can see, from my sig, i have a 6800gt, and 1gb of ram...

Which one should come first, interms of upgrading...get another gig of ram? or get a 7800? under 600 bucks i have to go, so its one or the other? I really cant decide...lol

I couldn't imagine having less than 2G of RAM. I would go for the RAM. but thats me, and i will probably be called stoooopid for saying that.

your not stupid at all, 2Gb's of RAM is about what you would need for graphic design and video editing. if all your doing is gamming then 1 GB is fine.

You shouldn't need to upgrade at the moment.

but if anything go for video card. if you have the money and really wanna spend it that is.

but your current setup is fine at least for another 2-3 months at the least.

1GB is the new minimum and 2GB is the new 1GB.

i would say buy another GB of ram. and i guess you could SLI. or you could wait and save some moeny up and see what happens with the R520s

Thanks guys...

i have the money, and if i could i would sli, but 1) i have the non-sli dfi mobo, which, i know is sli modable...but 2)i have a leadtek 6800, and it barely fits in there now! lol

So should i go ram? I could get 4 gb... :D

4gb would probably hurt performance...... But either a new hard drive or a extra GB of ram then a year later get the latest video card.

well to me personally, id think u should upgrade ur ata HD to a SATAII then RAM

Go for the RAM, the 6800GT will do you fine until the DX10 cards hit next year. I would skip the 7800/R520 generation...because their reign will be very short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom