Catalyst driver installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan DeVille

In Runtime
I tried updating the Catalyst drivers to the just released 5.9 using the directions from the release notes (uninstall Catalyst control panel, reboot, uninstall driver, reboot). After I uninstalled everything and ran the executable to install the new drivers, I got a severe INF error that said no video driver found, please use standard VGA drivers. If I'm installing the driver, how come it didn't find it???? Do I need to uninstall the previous drivers to update to the newest ones??? I've never had this problem before. I think I was in safe mode. Could that be the problem?

alreaytd 5.9? they just released 5.8 lol.

your supposed to uninstall the previous drivers.

You said twice that I'm supposed to uninstall the previous drivers. I said in my post that I uninstalled everything before attempting to update. I know I asked if I'm supposed to uninstall before updating, but I only needed that answer once. Now why am I getting an error that says no driver detected???

Dan DeVille said:
I tried updating the Catalyst drivers to the just released 5.9 using the directions from the release notes (uninstall Catalyst control panel, reboot, uninstall driver, reboot). After I uninstalled everything and ran the executable to install the new drivers, I got a severe INF error that said no video driver found, please use standard VGA drivers. If I'm installing the driver, how come it didn't find it???? Do I need to uninstall the previous drivers to update to the newest ones??? I've never had this problem before. I think I was in safe mode. Could that be the problem?

Did you have Microsoft.net 1.1 installed before installing the new CAT drivers? Because that is required.

Well when 5.9 didn't work i tried 5.7 which is what I had before and that didn' work either, so I had to do a system restore. When was Microsoft.net 1.1 released?

Do I need to uninstall the previous drivers to update to the newest ones

watch what your saying then

im saying i was saying yes. and you just said i alreayd did that so why didnt you ask then? and i dont konw how it posted twice. maybe i hit the submit button instead of the edit anyways.

make sure you download that microsoft 1.1 thingy, it screwed me over

PZEROFGH said:
watch what your saying then

What do you mean by that? You had replied twice with the same answer. Obviously one of them has been deleted. I was just saying that you only needed to say it once. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom