What about the Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Advance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hoping that Im not too late.

DO NOT BUY THE SAPPHIRE!

I paid $230 for an SAPPHIRE ATi Radeon 9800 Pro, back in the day, and it was nothing but problems. Never buy a Sapphire. If you have already boughten the card, when it gets to your house, return it, ASAP.

You don't have to listen to me, but I also upgraded to a Nvidia 6600GT and I love it. :) My 6600GT is XFX, not Sapphire.

By the way, with my Sapphire card, I have lockup's whenever it got video intensive, and I got BSOD with many different types of Ram. It was a very picky card, and for the year I had it, it never worked correctly. Im not the first to complain, check the NewEgg reviews of the cards. :/

Oh yeah??! Well I had a 9200SE Sapphire before... and, never had problems with it. No lock up or anything... even oc'ed...

BTW: The 9600 on newegg.com had REALLY good comments... only ONE person complaining...

My cousin has a saphire radeon 9800 pro and it kicks ass. You probably just had a faulty one. I have 6600 vanilla and it runs ok now but I dont have required power supply, LOL, mine's 250 WATT compared to 300 required, and I just bought Antec 430 WATT which should be more than enough. He should have definetely bought 6600 vanilla over 9600 though. 9600 is just too old for most games to even support it.

LegendBreath said:
9600 is too old to even support it!? Well... all games will work on that! Maybe not at high quality... but, it will work!... I hope... :p

BTW: Will I have enough of a 350W PSU?

Power Requirement for 6600 is 300W so 9600 shouldn't have any problems running with 350W. What i mean with too old is that it came like 3 generations ago, so it's pretty old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom