not again..... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcyuri7

Solid State Member
Alright, this is the second time this has happened. Let me explain what happened the first time:

I was playing a game, and out of nowhere, the computer just shut off. It bawouldnt start ck up. No lights, , deno fansad. I tinkered with it for a while, wtih absolutely no luck. I took the power supply out, and plugged it into comp(my brothers which I also build), and found that one of the power supplies fans is dead. So, it would be safe to assume that the power supply just overheated, and thats it. I bought a new power supply, and ran it, with no luck. The computer would not boot or even power up. I got the green LED on my motherboard, so it was recieving power. I assumed that another part must have been fried/overheated(CPU). So I took it to my best friends house, and we plyed around with it, only to find that removing and replacing parts was the only way to get it up. It started back up, and worked fine.
So, I took it back to my house. A week later, my friend came over for lan party, and the same thing that happnened to my computer, happened to his(except his power supply didnt die). So, it must ahve been the voltage from the house, or just my surge protector. So, I went to store, and bought a surge protector with 5 min backup battery. Eventually, by doing the same thing we did on my computer, we got his computer up and running again. =)

I moved from that house about 2 months ago, and about 2 weeks ago, my sound card died. I figured, it just got old, an yea...
So i moved on, used my usb sound card. =(
But today, I brought my computer over to my friends house again, in order to run from hurricane rita. I plugged it in, and it wouldnt start up. I tested the power cord, and the wall sockets in the house. As far as I can tell, my computer just fried another power supply. And here's the question of the day....
WHY ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
That damn power supply was brand new. So was my sound card. Friggen 200 dollar sound card.... 150 dollar power supply. Thank god I have a warranty for about 2.5 more weeks on that power supply....

I cant afford to keep buying power supplies, and sound cards and stuff.... Someone has to know what is wrong. Maybe a short somewhere or something. And I'm not going to take my computer to a tech support guy, just to hear him say, sorry, you gotta buy a new one.(Which I almost did... almost had to pay 80 bucks to hear the techs at best buy say that.) There is a solution, and someone must have been through this.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Ill keep checking this thread, but until then, im just gonna tinker with it, with my friend.
Thanks in advance,
Yuri

Yea, I will. Right now, I might as well have left my comp there with my house. lol
grah! Rita can ahve it!

I'll be just fine though. By the time it disperses after hitting the coast and gets to me, the worst thing that could happen is a flood. But in S.A.. dont think it will happen. It's up there northern texas thats gonna get all the bad stuff(tornadoes).

Anyway, thanks for concern and help on pc. =)

I would check out the Memory before you go off to the mobo store. get a friend to dowload memtest and test that memory for 24 hours and see what happens. Then go buy a new mobo if the memory sticks are good. hard to imagine it could be anything ither than memory or mobo.

Well, it has killed two psu's, and possibly one sound card.(By possibly, i mean that I havent really diagnosed the problem yet. It just suddenly, stopped working. OWell, thats another issue entirely) I'll pop my RAM into my friends comp real fast, and see if I cant figure something out.
Last time it did this, well for one I had a working power supply, all we had to do was put my processor in his comp, and allow it to boot his O/S. Then, switch em abck out, and booom. It worked again.

Idunno... after all of this, a motherboard does sound like a possible reason for this to happen. I mean, what else could kill two power supplies, and a sound card? (lol... i guess it actually could be... anything. as long as it has a short in it, and it in some way interacts with another component...)

Oh yea, Im not getting the Motherboard LED light, so I know for a fact that I need to go digging in my closet for that power supply receipt with the waranty on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom