Laptop Processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devileyezz

Solid State Member
So, what's a good processor these days in laptops?

I really think P4 is good on PCs. But I'm not sure about Laptops.
I see a lot of Pentium Centrino M, or something like that.

What is it? From what I know centrino has built in support for WiFi. And that's fine. But what about speeds, is it similar like the P4 3.2ghz? Or anything like it?

And, now that I'm asking these laptop related questions anyways, what's a good laptop with the following specs or better, and ofcourse is reliable and stable?

Intel Pentium 4, or equivalent.. with processor speed of atleast 3.0Ghz.
Ram of atleast 515mb, better if its expandable OR has 1gb.
100gb HDD
CD/DVD Burner combo.
A Very good sound/graphics card. ATI Radeon, or Nvidia that lets me play good games like Warcraft, NFS, and I dunno any high-graphic quality games. (I don't play games, but I wanna be flexible ;-))
A network card/dial modem/USB 2.0 + Firewire/WiFi capabilities.
Wide-screen if possible. -> Last priority.
Lightweight, and thin. -> Very last priority.

I'm not sure if we can get all these assembled, and I'd need more knowledge for that.. which I don't. So, I'll stick with brand names.

Does anyone know of a laptop like that, and pricing?
I'll be using it with Win XP Pro, or in the future LongHorn. I might even put dualboot with some linux on it.

Thanks for all the input in advance.

SHAWN said:
Pentium M but they are expensive. With what your asking for your looking at starting at about $1700

I _think_ I can deal with that, and only that, lol.

wow what an amd fan boy turion lol no. get m. p4 suck a lot of juice not amking it as mobile and m is newer and faster. for laptops go to pctorque.com really nice for sustomizing ur own laptop

Now, THAT's the perfect reply I was looking for.
Gonna do a search for a comparison of M and P4s.

Thanks so much.
But still, keep it coming.

P M are made for laptops and the P M 1.7Ghz was recntly found to out perform the P4 3.0Ghz. they have more juice and they really perform. the P M are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom