I just bought MY VERY FIRST COMPUTER! .. what do you think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack said:

For christmas last year, I got socks ... I think.

Me too...and file folders.

Not everybody is a hardcore gamer, and of couse Zack is not. So stop telling him how he could have had a much better system for gaming when gaming isn't the reason his build.

P.S. Just to correct what somebody said earlier, 2GB is needed now for gaming for best performance, but 1GB still does the trick. And for BF2, I play it on 1280x1024, 4x AA with 1GB of RAM and an X800 Pro....its not as demanding as people make it out to be.

beedubaya said:
Me too...and file folders.

Not everybody is a hardcore gamer, and of couse Zack is not. So stop telling him how he could have had a much better system for gaming when gaming isn't the reason his build.

P.S. Just to correct what somebody said earlier, 2GB is needed now for gaming for best performance, but 1GB still does the trick. And for BF2, I play it on 1280x1024, 4x AA with 1GB of RAM and an X800 Pro....its not as demanding as people make it out to be.

Thanks bro...

and I know I got a sweet rig ... especially considering the fact that it's my first computer (that making me a PC virgin). This computer isn't going to 'pop' my cherry ... it's going to squash it, stomp on it, and blow it up.

(that sounds weird ... uhm .... uhm .... uhmmm...)

out of curiosity, how did xg do with shipping times and the build, never heard of them.

Rmaia said:
out of curiosity, how did xg do with shipping times and the build, never heard of them.

It's going to be another week before I get it but I didn't get any priority mailing. I have yet to see how the build is but I've heard good things from all my friends who also have XG.

Zack said:
The only game I'll be playing is Counter Strike: Source ... :p The only game I like, probably the only game I'll ever like.

What a waste of a system then....

Thats true. That system begs to have games played on it.

But its a good system. And I already like you, stay :classic:

I got a Free Half Life 2 bronze edition download ... whatever that'll do me.

vaderpro said:
What a waste of a system then....

maybe if I were getting it solely for the purpose of playing that one particular game ... HOWEVER, I'll be doing my homework, contract work, 3D animation/modelling work, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom