3000+ Winchester limit on air???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistyll

Beta member
Hi all,
can anybody help me please, I seem to be hitting a brick wall on the stability issue of my Winchester 3000+ stable now @2.3 but have had it up to 2430mhz not stable on games, I know it will go higher just need to get closer to the ceiling than I am at the moment. settings at the moment are HT=3 8x287=2296mhz, g-skill pc3200 mem@166 (1t) 2.5-4-3-6 bus is at 3x287=862.5 below the magic 1000 overclock is 488mhz good but I know there is more does anyone have a magic formula or settings to try please???

By how much would you suggest I raise the Vcore to??? What about the memory timings I am not too hot on timings to be quite honest they fuc^%&* confuse me no end I have 2x 512meg modules pc3200 G-Skill 2-3-3-6 timings as stock part nos
F1-3200PHU2-1GBLA

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I know there is more to be had from this chip I just need to keep it stable at higher clock settings. What does the hidden menu in MSI mobo bios do have you any idea if that will help stabilise my rig??

Many Thanks

You have LA's, those should hit nice clocks. Your timings are all jacked right now. Try like 2.5-3-3-7 1T. You should be safe at vdimm up to 2.8-2.9. At that, 250 should be easy for that RAM.

What's your vcore at?

yeah LAs should be able to do 300MHz pretty easily...be lucky you got some man, since they are finally gone now for good...they should be doing 2-2-2-5 stock though so you may wanna check up on that

But yeah, there isn't any magic formula...unless you want to read the stickies ;)

Hi,

Changed timings as suggested to 2.5-3-3-7 1t from 2.5-4-3-6 1t but my benches for memory in everest have dropped in performance why is this?? my vcore is at 1.55 and bios will not allow any higher. I read a review on the web that was testing my exact memory modules and they said that the best timings for these modules in terms of performance were 2.5-4-3-6 1t and this would appear to be bourne out by everest, however by using the 2.5-3-3-7 1t timings will this enable me to increase system clock from 287, as I have it at the moment, up towards 300 with stability???:cool:

That doesn't make sense it would lower your sandra scores, but anyways. The point is you should be able to clock them higher.

Put HTT back down and put the RAM to 1:1 and see how far they can go. Like I said, you can go 2.8-2.9 vdimm safely, so raise that as needed.

As far as your CPU OC, there isn't a ton you can do if your maxed on vcore. One thing to consider is you're running high HTT, you might need to raise the chipset voltage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom