Problem with boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

stompalot

Beta member
Ok i just built a new pc apart from motherboard and cpu, but everytime i start up it's not going past the motherboard logo screen. I assume this is due to no keyboard being detected, but i have a keyboard installed. The keyboard is not faulty either as it works on this pc. I tried it in the mouse slot aswell but still no joy.
The mouse works just not the keyboard so i can't get into the bios and disable the hault option.
The weird thing is it worked for about 5 mins then i restarted then it stopped.
Does anybody have a solution for this?

If you are using a ps2 connection try a USB connection ( for the KB) If you are using a USB already try the ps2 or an alternate USB. let us know.

Borrow a PS2 keyboard form a friend..family member. See if your mobo recognizes the diff. KB. Sounds to me like th KB has fubared.

I have the same problem where my keyboard isnt being read at all. Tried different keyboards, usb keyboards, taking out the cmos batt for a while, etc... no luck.

Ok i've tried a usb keyboard but still no luck...... its weird all the keyboards work on other computers just not that one..... Any help guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom