127gb limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
a friend was having problems with this, so i suggested he used partition magic to split his 160gb external into 2x 80gb, but am now woundering whether this will help.

will it?

thanks in advance

He didn't search the TF, did he? *sigh* They never search the TF...A topic (like this) could be asked and answered a hundred times, and no one bothers looking.

This is a really easy problem to fix... But I'll bite, What operating system is your friend using?

A heads up, if it's Windows XP just upgrade to SP1, If you use Windows 2000, upgrade to SP3. Earlier versions, well, you're SOL. Upgrade your OS!

If you don't WANT to upgrade to a new SP, then use this:
http://www.48bitlba.com/enablebiglba.htm

ShoobieRat said:
He didn't search the TF, did he? *sigh* They never search the TF...A topic (like this) could be asked and answered a hundred times, and no one bothers looking.

i DID search!!

i searched for 127gb limit partition magic (no results)

as my question was related specifically to using partition magic to split the drive, i posted a new thread.

HAPPY????

ANYWAY: i thought you had to format with a slipstreamed version of windows and sp1, or is that only if you want to recognise a drive bigger than 127 THAT WINDOWS IS ALREADY INSTALLED ON?

killians45 said:
by more genaric in your search... for example, do a search for 127GB, or 127, or 127 GB, etc.

well my question was relating specifically to asking if windows would recognies the full space if the drive was split into multiple partitions of under 127GB, and i could not find anything on that. if you can find one, then ill admit i was wrong to post, but untill then....

its 137,000,000,000 bytes, which = 127GB

The only limit on drives sizes (at least that low) are due to out-of-date drivers and software. It's not a limit.

I'm assuming that you were only trying to split the drive because you couldn't find the information on fixing the limit problem.

i know how to fix it, i though he was going to have to do a format with slipstreamed xp and sp2, but didnt realise that as i was an external, this wasnt nessessary.

thank you all, for your great help, joshd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom