jet 7 2600+

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
i got a new setup coolermaster jet 7

http://www.coolermaster.com/?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product_list&p_class=111 (top 1)

with a xp2600+ tbred which ive overclocked to 200 x 11 trouble is my temps are 47-50 idle and 53 load for cpu and 40-43 for case, but im hearin off ppl down below 40. them temps are up on fans full speed aswell.

i on a msi KT6 Delta-LSR which has no northbridge fan so im gonna get a one for there should help.

i also got 2 system fans 1side 1 back

im gonna get sum of that arctic paste help but wont knock off 10c
and i doin summit wrong? or are they just doin summit no1 else nows bout :S :S :s

You didnt use thermal compound?? Youd be surprised what it can do. Apply it (properly) and come back if its still an issue.

yea i did, well it was my 1st time doin it so mustnt be gud enough. was just what came with the cooler though i take it off and try again wit artic stuff in mornin, thanks

yes thats a very good cooler should be doing better than that.
You may want to lap the heatsink as well

Its a technique that removes highspots and imperfections on the bottom of the heatsink.So that your heatsink covers the entire CPU chip evenly.Creating a better heat dissipation area so that your CPU can get the maximum cooling benefit from the HeatSink.
How to Lap a Heatsink.You need to study on this,its not hard to do but make sure that you sand the heatsink level with equal pressure .You dont want to change the integrity of the heatsink so that it sets lopsided.Pay attention to how much material your removing from the Heatsink.You may have to adjust the locking mechanism of the heatsink retainer to compensate for the material removed .Study thouroghly..
Its really all comon sense .You can use a micrometer to measure the heatsink before then again after to see how much material you removed .Shim the locking mechanism to compensate.
Im using the CoolerMaster Aero 4 version blower .
Lowerd my cpu 10 degrees
And i did have to lap the heatsink .It had a highspot in the center
of the HeatSink so it took alot of lapping.When i was done i had to install shims at a thikness of 40 thousands under the locking springs(those silver arms that actually hold the heatsink) to compensate for the material removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom