Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens

Baseband Member
Guys,

I just built an awesome gaming powerhouse with parts from newegg. Now I want to buy a lap top pc. The lap top will be used more for internet browsing, excel, word and taking notes during class. I will probably play games on it ocassionally while traveling - maybe watch a dvd on the plane.

Any thoughts on what to get. I don't want to spend a ton since I just spent $3k on the desktop. Thanks!

Maybe Out of the Park Baseball (text based sim), Civilization, the new Star Wars RTS game coming out next year. I'll save the glitzy games like BF2 and FEAR for my new desktop!

I don't really have one set in stone - I was thinking maybe $1,500 or less. I have never bought a lap top before so I am not sure what I should be spending to get something decent. I don't need the top of the line but I want something above mid-range.

Virtual PC can be expensive and probably not ideal for what you're looking for. HP Laptops are pretty good, here's their page:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...ore&category=notebooks/hp_pavilion&catLevel=1
I would have customized one for you, but it would just give you an error message when you try and link to it.
the "ze2000z" is pretty good if you put in a Turion processor (same as Centrino). Or if you don't need something that light the "zv6000" series is heavier but more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom