computer dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
but... take out your vid card and see if it dies still. if it doesn't then you know its a "lack of power" problem.

Could also be your video card overheating. A lot of times when a video card overheats it will freeze the screen or turn the computer off. If your card has a fan on it try putting some thermal compound on it to help dissapate heat. It will probably shut down a lot more if you play video games on it.

i beleave that yes i need a bigger psu mine only has 14a on the 12v rail and my MB manual recomands at least 18a so ima try one with more

ok so heres the thing i got a different PSU (600w) and well it hasnt changed still dies any other ideas

it also depends on the quality of PSU. if you get a cheap PSU that says max [something] Watts, then chances are, it usually doesn't give that.
you'll want a PSU that can constantly output what it's rated at, not just get that occasionally

sleepinggamer said:
i beleave that yes i need a bigger psu mine only has 14a on the 12v rail and my MB manual recomands at least 18a so ima try one with more

I think you just answered your own question.

Isn't that 2900 an unusual configuration? I think Tigerdirect was selling these, but some were having issues? I recall that AMD "special made" these for someone. Perhaps someone with a better memory can expand on this.

yah it ends up that it will only work with a specific HP mobo so i tryed a different Cpu and it works great now(slower but great) so that means i need to break down and buy a new cpu fun stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom