winxp pro sp2 install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the only thing I have noticed consistantly when trying to install. Everytime it gets the first file error at 85%. I just started installing windows again with one of my cd drives unplugged. If this doesnt work I won't know what to do. What's another OS i could try installing that is easy to use?

why don't you try a new CD (better yet a dvd-rom ) rom?

can you boot into the old windows?

anyways now I have a new error whenever it tries to get me to the install main menu from the windows disc: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Technical Information: STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF6EB53FC, 0x00000000, 0xF6EBF53FC, 0x00000000)

I don't have a dvd version of windows or a dvd drive or else I would and I also havent been able to boot into windows since sunday when I tried reformatting for the first time and it stopped at 85% with the first file error.

Can you get your hands on another OS ? Like 2000, or hell... even '98 just to see what happens ?

Have you ever installed from this disk before ?
Do you have a plain Service Pack less CD ?

Killermonk said:
anyways now I have a new error whenever it tries to get me to the install main menu from the windows disc: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Technical Information: STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF6EB53FC, 0x00000000, 0xF6EBF53FC, 0x00000000)

I don't have a dvd version of windows or a dvd drive or else I would and I also havent been able to boot into windows since sunday when I tried reformatting for the first time and it stopped at 85% with the first file error.

usually setting your bios to the defaults will stop this error.

run memtest86 to check your ram (just to eliminate it as being bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom