A question about video cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
vid cards

i enjoy my gigabyte p4 titan with dual bios and 4gig max memory
plus its blue

Regarding graphics cards I went the nvidia route getting an MSI 5900 v.nice. Out of the two I would certainly go for the 9700pro as I think it has 8 pixel pipelines as apposed to the 4 on the 9600xt (correct me if im wrong).
You did say it was a $15 difference didn't you?
I used to have a Ti-4200 but found that the new games coming out are a bit sluggish on it.
So all in all it depends how much you wanna spend and how future proof you want your system to be.

Yes Yes AGP 4x is major slow get a 8x card if u have or are getting an 8x bord and that ti4200 doesnt have dx9 support i dont think so get the 9600xt or 9700 pro but get the mobo first

Ive got a 256 mb Leadtek 5950 Ultra vivo Im waiting on a new hard drive to Set it up on . Currently running a 9700 Pro AIW with 128 mb and it rocks .I did change the fan on it. Ran to hot when i went from onboard sound to SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum 2 . I placed the SC to slots below the Radeon thinking there was plenty of air space there .But it wasnt so I fitted 1 fan from the pair found in those hard drive cooler kits centerd over the Heatsink and chip removed the puny stock fan. Now its fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom