Not open for further replies.

Escat

Beta member
Hello

Im using a Geforce MX 440 on Windows ME and after awhile
i decided to play with the TV out function while using it
everything went fine however after using it is where i hit the
problem. the computer would no longer except my main monitor
as being the primary monitor. it would start up then when it got to windows it would shutdown. so i was forced to run the computer through my TV. not so fun. i managed to get it to recognise my monitor as the secondary unit but it still uses the tv as the primary and i cant get it to change. im running both monitor and tv from the geforce card and now i want it
just to work with my monitor as having it think there are two monitors is a pain in the neck. please any help any one could give would be great.

Escat

first i would try disconnecting the TV from the computer and boot up your computer after a complete system shutdown with only the monitor as the only display connected to your computer.

if you see nothing connect your TV back up. in the display properties or nvidia control panel you should see a setting to make a device either the primary display or secondary display. set monitor as primary. also to make it easier to see off the TV temporarily set your desktop resolution to a low size, 800x600 or 640x480.

Thanks for your reply, ive tried the solutions you suggested
but im unable to change the display device. im going to investigate further.
thank you again for your quick reply and sorry for my late one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom