When partitioning a new 80gig hard disk....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its personal preference. I dont like to partition anything smaller than 120GB cause you might run into space issues later on with the OS partition. If you partition it into say 40GB and 40GB I dont really see the point? Usually I would agree though to partion out a hard drive :)

the reason I say that is cause if you ever need to format and re-install windwos... you only have to backup the files you want from the OS-partition... the data on the other patitions will be perfectly safe.

yeah I never make my os partition bigger than 30 gig (I use 20 gig for my default). but my document folder will be up to 200 gig

I guess it depends on what you do. I had my OS partition at 40 GIG and ran out of space. I always forget to install my big ass games onto another partition..a few of those and that 40 is gone!lol. I then had my two other partitions one 300GB and one more 300GB. I have 615GB between all three full already..I need one of those new 500GB drives :)

does it increase performance at all to have windows on its own partition or is it just a safety thing?

I think that with the speed of modern HD's that we humans donÂ’t notice a difference but... sure it might increase performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom