gaming/music speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to have owned quite a few cheap 2.0 speakers that worked just fine. Here's a list, including places I know for sure you can find them (if you're in the US):

Creative Labs 2.1 - $20 at Wal-Mart. No headphone jack, but far more bass than the little 4" baby sub would suggest. Overall quality is good, but if you're looking for something without a sub . . .

Creative Labs 2.0 - $20 at CompUSA or most other large electronics stores. I have these, and while the bass is nothing to write home about, the treble is surprisingly crisp for a cheap set, and the midrange and volume are good.

Altec Lansing 2.0 - $30 at CompUSA, Wal-Mart, and other places. These have the just about the best sound quality you'll find from any two-piece system for less than $40 or $50. I have a pair, and like them quite a bit. Don't expect them to shake the walls, but they do have good wide-range response.

CompUSA 2.0 - $20 at CompUSA. I also have a pair of these - each has a 3" driver, and separate knobs for volume, bass, treble, and a button for a decent 3d effect and another for power. They take up a goodly bit of desktop space, but they get the job done. I'd recommend the Altecs over these, if you can stand to spend the extra $10.

There's also another option I know of, if you can find a CompUSA that still has them. For $25, you could have a pair of 20W wood-enclosure computer speakers, each with a 4" woofer and tweeter, rear-ported, with rear-mounted bass, treble, and volume controls. Better sound quality than any of these I've listed, but the volume knob on the back is annoying. Not a problem if you have volume buttons on your keyboard, though. I've had this pair for over a year, and I love 'em.

I don't remember a brand, so they must be generic. I just looked 'em over top to bottom, and there's no name on them. They just say "Made in China".

Uh, why didn't you say you were in Micronesia in the first place? That really changes the options, if you don't want to order some online. What stores do you have there?

haha im just kidding, im from the states, i think i'm gonna go with the lansing 2.0 they look pretty sleek

Yeah the lansing's are what I would recomend for that price.

Still sound crappy, but this was the same time as someone pulled out some nice powered yahama monitors that were worth 500+ as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom