Possible Christmas gift to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRISH

Baseband Member
Ok well I have reworked what I want again and here is what I have come up with...

AMD Athlon 64 FX55 San Diego
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400
eVGA 256-P2-N537-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 /W BF2
X2 Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM in Raid 0
X7 Antec LED80XFAN 80mm Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan
ZALMAN VF700-CU 2 Ball VGA COOLER
VANTEC NXP-305-SL Fan & Light Controller Panel, Silver
All going in a Thermotake Xaser III

Sound good?

All comes out to about 2k.

BIRISH said:
why not?? I think 2 10k drives in raid 0 will haul ass...

They will ;) I would suggest though adding a large storage drive though for things such as movies, music, etc... Just run your OS and programs of the Raptors.

yep I agree with idiotec. raid 0 is great for os and apps but if one drive fails all info is gone. Get a 250gb drive for data and back that baby up.

Yea I have a 80 GB sata drive and a 170GB Sata drive in my other rig. Plus that one will be for downloading music and crap. This one is straight Gaming.

If you know how to overclock then get like an amd 64 4000 and oc to to fx55 specs. Um also try to get like ocz or like patriot ram. Right there that should save you like maybe 400, 500 bucks and could get a better video card and maybe go to other stuff. I would recommend a 4000 only casue its cheaper and if you know how to oc it could be better than fx55 and also fx's dont oc well for some reason. Also you could probably get better ram for less money. Corsair is good but can be really expensive. Companies like patriot and ocz and others make ram just as good with a good rep and are cheaper. Sometimes you can save almost like 100 bucks and get better ram. As for video card if you have the money jsut to show off get a evga 7800gtx "ko". Lol

I disagree with having (2) 10K Raptors in RAID 0. There isn't a noticable difference in performance. I know because i've had (2) in RAID 0. Now i have only (1) and there isn't a difference in performance.
Noticable by the human eye i should say.

I would put the 180+ dollars towards a 300GIG seagate as additional storage.

Just use 1 10K raptor as OS/Games/system apps/proggies drive.
Dump everything else on other HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom