Windows xp password/login question

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo214

Baseband Member
Okay, this is really not all that critical, but a minor hinderance, and I really don't know why it has changed in the first place.

Well you see when I go to login (after starting up my computer) I have to click on the icon to select the text box to type my password in, now it is usually like this unless you activate the geust account and then it has it set on the box automaticly. (for typing in your password when the screen is off etc. (although I can use 2 tabs and that works too))

also when I resume from a screen saver and it prompts me for my password I get a login screen asif I've switched users. How would I go about returning to the box? (because the box guarntees to be set on the enter password area)

Are you using the welcome screen or manual logon?

As for the screen saver thing it is usually profile specific, but if you go to START>CONTROL PANEL>DISPLAY>SCREEN SAVER..you will see a box that says "on resume password protect" make sure that is NOT checked. Or disable the screen save all together. I usually disable screen saver, all power off after options, and hibernate..thats only me though :)

Oh crap yeah it says on resume display WELCOME SCREEN, never noticed that, thought it said pw protect, and I'm positive it did at one point! FREAKY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom